A properly working thermostat will detect and maintain the set temperature. The best location for a thermostat is neat the return air filter where the air mixes and is at an average temperature.
- HVAC system is un-responsive to temperature adjustments on thermostat
- Frequent Starts & Stops (short cycling)
- Corrosion on the battery terminals
To keep your thermostat working, follow these guidelines.
- Replace thermostat batteries once a year or if thermostat is unresponsive
- Clean off corroded battery terminals with sand paper or a wire brush
- If system is short cycling adjust the thermostats heat anticipator settings